Saturday, January 2, 2016

Christmas Decorations!

When I was in the middle of my early years of teaching, I was at a Hobby Lobby almost 150 miles from my high school.  I found a blue and gold Christmas tree that was 2-3 feet tall.  It was really blue and yellow, so that's why I was a little surprised to see it.  I, of course, purchased it and loved to decorate my classroom with it.
When I changed schools, I left the blue and gold tree in the office of my English teacher friend.  She only stayed at that school for another year or two.  I assume she left it there for one of her friends.

Next, I could not find a purple and/or purple and gold tree.  I looked and looked, but they never did have one.  After looking at many things on Pinterest, I had an idea.  I decided to make my tree out of PVC pipe and I hung it on my door.

My dad helped a lot with sawing the pipes and gluing them together.  It was a little more difficult than I expected.
I spray painted it purple.

Here is a picture with Christmas lights.  Each light has the name of one of my students.  I tried to make the colors random, and then I put them in order by class and then alphabetically.  It was a PAIN!  In the middle of doing it, I told myself to never do that again!!!
It did look cool.



This year I found the shiny purple wrapping paper.  Then I did something that no good person should do.  I bought Christmas-things in October.



For the inside part of my classroom, I use my old 2-3 ft tall fiber optic tree.
 

One kid said, "Well that's a redneck Christmas tree."  : /
Well, can I blame him?
This picture is actually two years old.  This year, I used a different book on the chair.  This time I used a thin, red book.  It was for my Modern Geometry class during my junior year in college.


Eventually, I did find a purple tree.  It's 1-2 ft tall and  I put it on the corner of my desk that is previously occupied by my painted pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment