Monday, July 17, 2017

Christmas Lights

Here is my file.  It doesn't look as good as the Excel file I made, but I this is how it looks when I upload it here.  : /

I had kind of last-minute inspiration to do something Christmas-related at school.

I decided to do the 'estimation' activity and then I included a few other tasks in this assignment.



I got a ton of ribbon, but I guess I can do this again next year with the leftovers.

When we were done, I told the kids, "Uhh...  We are not actually going to hang these."  Some of them were sad or disappointed or indignant.  I decided they had a point.  I have two beams going across my room with lights.  (It is a really high ceiling above that.)  We hung the streamers across those two beams.  They were long enough they just hung there.




It did not end up being very pretty.  The colors were kind of strange and one of my students mentioned that it looked like the bad decorations of a gender-reveal party!



They were fun for a couple days, but we took them down quick.


I still want them to think even when they get a little antsy for holidays.  Also, I don't like to do this right before finals.  I like to do 'real' math then.






I drilled holes in the cups.  (My dad helped a lot.  Dads are the best!)  The kids pushed the balloon through the hole and then blew up the balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment